Last Post

NOTE: Forum is available ijdigital.com



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Best way to track phone calls of PPC for client

  1. #1
    2nd Lieutenant Madelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA and Sweden
    Posts
    428
    Thanks
    348
    Thanked 221 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Best way to track phone calls of PPC for client

    Hey all
    I have a client who insists in using PPC,
    not my specialty,
    however I'm having a hard time tracking its ROI since
    the only thing that matters is phone calls that turn into clients
    and their office staff often does not ask
    plus ppl just say off the web, so I cant tell if
    it is off the website, off PPC or somewhere else

    anyway
    this is a common issue
    and I am wondering how other ppl deal with this
    I have tried using another phone number to track online calls but
    the client doesnt like it

    any tips?

  2. #2
    2nd Lieutenant m00n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    on the moon
    Posts
    475
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 1,365 Times in 189 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    a. use a flat rate instead of per-performance
    b. there's an option on adwords that report every call made clicking on the clients phone number (on mobile) , it's about 30% of the impressions ....
    always remember the first rule : if it works and it make millions , why are you selling it for 19,99$ ? and NO you won't sell 50.525 copies ....

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to m00n For This Useful Post:

    Madelaine (12-15-2012)

  4. #3
    General - Super Mod zigmasoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Horizon
    Posts
    3,921
    Thanks
    1,249
    Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,156 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Use forwarded phone number from twilio.com -you can seamlessly track and record/transcribe calls. If the client doesn't like you having access to the number, ask him/her to get an account at twilio or at any of those other call forwarding/tracking sites!

    Adwords can track calls if you add/activate Call Extensions with Google Forwarding Number for mobile ads, but you must first meet their high clicks/impressions/ctr threshold before they show you any call details!


    ***** Any one needs any help with PPC? Send me a PM. I am a full time PPC Manager with 6+ years experience. Open to partnerships/deals with trustworthy members!!
    Last edited by zigmasoft; 11-19-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    HONOR.TRUST.RESPECT.COURAGE.SERVE.PROTECT
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him but because he loves what is behind him.

    If They Hadn't Done What I Told Them Not To Do......They'd Still Be Alive!

    Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them
    - Albert Einstein

  5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zigmasoft For This Useful Post:

    ingkrysnsabens (11-19-2012), larrkllk (11-22-2012), Madelaine (12-15-2012), sampaul099 (11-19-2012)

  6. #4
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 114 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    I use one of the scripts for twillo to do call recording.
    then forward the number.
    you say the only thing the client is worried about is calls that convert.
    but then you say he doesnt want you using call forwarding number.
    sounds like he has you jumping thru hoops in a circle.
    tell him this....all the most successful companies marketing online use tracking.
    your the professional not him....or he would do it hisself if he were that awesome.
    so listen to your & every other professionals opinion. tracking is the most important thing otherwise he can never improve his profits.
    so what is more important? being successful online or micromanaging how you make him more more money? hmmmm...is his number really that important? or is this just him making you jump thru another hoop.
    have self pride. you know how to set up adwords so you know enough to get him clicks so you are better than 80% of the people outthere taking ad money from clients. dont sell yourself short and dont let egomanics keep you from doing what you know is right. tracking & testing!

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f-nut For This Useful Post:

    Madelaine (12-15-2012), sampaul099 (11-19-2012)

  8. #5
    Sergeant 1st Class
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WWW
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 295 Times in 50 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zigmasoft View Post
    Use forwarded phone number from twilio.com -you can seamlessly track and record/transcribe calls. If the client doesn't like you having access to the number, ask him/her to get an account at twilio or at any of those other call forwarding/tracking sites!

    Adwords can track calls if you add/activate Call Extensions with Google Forwarding Number for mobile ads, but you must first meet their high clicks/impressions/ctr threshold before they show you any call details!


    ***** Any one needs any help with PPC? Send me a PM. I am a full time PPC Manager with 6+ years experience. Open to partnerships/deals with trustworthy members!!
    Hi Zigmasoft,
    I am getting into Offline business lately, and i want to do PPC campaign for my clients, is there a good course on PPC? where i can learn the basics??

  9. #6
    Sergeant 1st Class
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    WWW
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    100
    Thanked 295 Times in 50 Posts
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Even though i did not understand the twilio/forward concep (i am very new to this), but your words of wisdom was good.


    Quote Originally Posted by f-nut View Post
    I use one of the scripts for twillo to do call recording.
    then forward the number.
    you say the only thing the client is worried about is calls that convert.
    but then you say he doesnt want you using call forwarding number.
    sounds like he has you jumping thru hoops in a circle.
    tell him this....all the most successful companies marketing online use tracking.
    your the professional not him....or he would do it hisself if he were that awesome.
    so listen to your & every other professionals opinion. tracking is the most important thing otherwise he can never improve his profits.
    so what is more important? being successful online or micromanaging how you make him more more money? hmmmm...is his number really that important? or is this just him making you jump thru another hoop.
    have self pride. you know how to set up adwords so you know enough to get him clicks so you are better than 80% of the people outthere taking ad money from clients. dont sell yourself short and dont let egomanics keep you from doing what you know is right. tracking & testing!
    If you like the post THANK ME, And if you like the share purchase it!!

  10. #7
    Warrant Officer
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    279
    Thanked 114 Times in 57 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    sorry let me clear that up,
    there are several script out there some even free solutions but i bought a script from joe troyer that works great. (was $99/ maybe $299 now)
    you set up a twillo account (which gets you the phone lines in any area code)
    and it will call track, call forward calls, record the calls, and even bill client for calls if you want.
    another thing it does is a call whisper. when you turn that on, while the caller is hearing "this call may be recorded for quality assurance" or "your party is being located" or whatever you put........at that time the phone rings at YOUR clients office and says " This is an imcoming lead from PPC (or what ever your company name is)" and then connects the two.
    Then there is irrefutable proof how the sale got there and ads can be tracked with multiple numbers. (twilo numbers are cheap - like $1 or so a month)

    hope this helps explain. if you need more help on this let me know.
    good luck.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to f-nut For This Useful Post:

    Madelaine (12-15-2012), polandstaples (12-20-2012)

  12. #8
    Corporal
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f-nut View Post
    another thing it does is a call whisper. when you turn that on, while the caller is hearing "this call may be recorded for quality assurance" or "your party is being located" or whatever you put........at that time the phone rings at YOUR clients office and says " This is an imcoming lead from PPC (or what ever your company name is)" and then connects the two.
    I am using Twillio and OpenVBX for a few months and I am quite happy.
    Could you please advice where can I set-up calls recording and call whisper?

    I know that it records the voicemail, but couldn't find where to set-up recordings for forwarded calls?

  13. #9
    General - Super Mod zigmasoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Horizon
    Posts
    3,921
    Thanks
    1,249
    Thanked 4,123 Times in 1,156 Posts
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Anything from Perry Marshall is good (shared on IJ), also Advanced Google Adwords by Brad Geddes is great (shared here) and PPCHero.com is good too. If you have money to spend per month, join ppc-coach.com
    Quote Originally Posted by sampaul099 View Post
    Hi Zigmasoft,
    I am getting into Offline business lately, and i want to do PPC campaign for my clients, is there a good course on PPC? where i can learn the basics??
    @Madelaine -have you found a solution? Please let us know
    HONOR.TRUST.RESPECT.COURAGE.SERVE.PROTECT
    A true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him but because he loves what is behind him.

    If They Hadn't Done What I Told Them Not To Do......They'd Still Be Alive!

    Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them
    - Albert Einstein

  14. #10
    2nd Lieutenant Madelaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    USA and Sweden
    Posts
    428
    Thanks
    348
    Thanked 221 Times in 52 Posts
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    WOW ya'll great stuff
    Sorry been offline traveling past few days, I am definitely going to check Twillo out, I hate that google charges $1 a call ato use a phone number inthe ad, but hey , they are GoD online so they do what they want,
    I have been putting out another fire, one of the sites had malware, YUK. finally got it removed today
    I am not sure this client is best served with PPC, I am trying to move him towards social media.
    I think he just want to see himself at the top of the page.
    I am still working on getting his page organically ranked but it is taking time

    On all my pages i use use a forwarded number so I can track how many calls, how long etc. I haven't needed super detailed reporting for my stuff. ALtho I did have aheck of a time getting a number set up in his area code.
    I really appreicate the feedback and info!

    oh yeah did I mention the client is my brother
    who only sees me as a younger sister
    so rationality only goes so far- I m sure you all have relatives too
    happy turkey days to those in US and
    again
    really appreciate the feedback and info

  15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madelaine For This Useful Post:

    enterrlehale (11-20-2012), ingkrysnsabens (11-20-2012), rtshelkaecka (11-20-2012), zigmasoft (11-20-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:27 PM.

eXTReMe Tracker